A Working Mum
- Category: Pregnancy
When you discover that you’re pregnant for the first time, and eventually announce it to the world there seems to be a whole multitude of things that people just don’t tell you …
- I didn’t realise that you can feel quite a lot of pain during pregnancy, and that it’s all normal. I was told that it was round ligament pain, but it would stop me in my tracks and I just had to grin and bare it until it subsided.
- No one told me that you can develop growths on your gums. My gums grew in places down towards my teeth, and it was so painful, never mind being weird to look at
- My gums and mouth in general became so sore during my second trimester that rinsing my mouth with mouthwash at least three times a day became the norm for me
- I didn’t succumb to morning sickness but I did retch every time I cleaned my teeth, really not nice at all!
- My emotions were all over the place and I would cry at almost nothing, much to my OH’s amusement!
- Until I became pregnant I hadn’t experienced the delights of indigestion, but a bottle of Gaviscon became my best friend most evenings
- I seemed to have a permanent cold, my nose would just run and run!
- Braxton Hicks can be very uncomfortable to say the least, especially if you’re getting them on a very regular basis!
- Your shoes will probably not fit you towards the end of your pregnancy
- Trying to get your socks on in the morning can be quite a feat!
What were your shockers whilst being pregnant that you wished that someone had shared with you?